Over the holiday break, my boyfriend and I traded in time with our families for a trip of a lifetime to Thailand. We took 7 planes, trains, vans, and even long tail boat rides to get around the country and had to keep our bags compact for all that travel.
I made a packing list for anyone considering a trip to Thailand (or really anywhere in southeast asia). I hope it’s helpful for anyone planning a trip abroad. See my full post about the trip and everything we did HERE.
– Loose, comfortable pants for temples and travel (for the temples, you need to cover your shoulders and your knees. They WILL enforce this).
– 1 maxi dress for dinner in Bangkok if you plan to eat at a nicer restaurant. I was also glad to have it for the rooftop bar we went to.
– 1 nicer outfit for nighttime outings in Phuket and at the beaches. I chose an off the shoulder top and a pair of shorts that I re-wore a few times. I didn’t want to overthink my options when getting ready each night.
– Easy, light makeup (if any makeup at all). I didn’t use half of what I brought with me but concealer and some bronzer/blush was nice to have at night.
– Mosquito Spray.
– SUNSCREEN (I’m very fair but regardless of your skin tone, make sure you get something with zinc in it…and preferably waterproof).
– A great camera. I received the a Panasonic Lumix for Christmas and it was a fantastic tool to capture our adventures.
– Waterproof bags for swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking. It was helpful to know that our phones wouldn’t get ruined on beach days and snorkeling trips.
– Comfortable sandals, a pair of sneakers, and flip-flops.
– 1 vacation ready bikini (I bought one at a street market in Railay Beach) and 1 more full coverage one-piece for snorkeling and being more active in the water.
– Cotton dress for a beach cover up and easy daytime look.
– Vacation worthy books (I downloaded Big Magic and The Girls on my Kindle before we left).
– A colorful sarong that can play double duty as a blanket on plane rides and a beach coverup.
– A backpack.
– A baseball hat or beach ready hat for shade + sunglasses.
SHOP THE POST
Sheln Off The Shoulder Top // Clinique Blush Contouring Palette in Defining Nudes // Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Fair // EltaMD UV Daily Tinted SPF // Billabong Bathing Suit // Free People Cargo Pants // Kattee Professional Canvas SLR DSLR Camera Backpack // Waterproof Bags // Panasonic Lumix Camera // Madewell Denim Shorts // Sandals // Culture Phit Black Cotton Dress // Brazilian Bum Bum Cream // The Girls by Emma Cline // Mara Hoffman Sarong